The University of London is not similar to many other universities. It comprises of 17 self-governing colleges as well as 9 expert research Institutes. In many ways, the colleges are contemplating universities in their own right; they place their own approach specification for their courses as well as they provide their own services to students. Some now also have their own degree grant capacity.
All students from all the Colleges and Institutes are also University of London students. There are total of over 120,000 students in the University of London.
- Established in 1826 – England’s third senior university.
- The first university in England to admit students of any race, class or belief.
- The first university in England to welcome women as a same range with men.
- Joined with the School of Pharmacy to form the UCL School of Pharmacy in 2012.
- Connected with the Institute of Education on 2 December 2014.
- position and convey
- UCL is located in the heart of London, close to the West End and all of its attractions.
- Some of the world’s most special or important group the British Library as well as the British Museum, are on UCL’s doorstep.
- Special convey links. Euston, King’s Cross St Pancras and the Eurostar terminal are close.
- In the 2014 Research outstanding Framework, UCL’s total number of educational judged internationally wonderful or good (4* or 3*) was biggest than any other UK university, as was our total research strength as measured by average research level result grow by the number of workforces submitted.
- Our number of world leading educational (rated 4*) was second only to Oxford. In specific, UCL had the greatest mass of world leading research submitted to both team A (Medical and Life Sciences) and team C (Social Sciences and related disciplines) as well as the largest mass over STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Medicine) area as a whole. UCL received a ‘grade point average’ of 3.54 (out of 4) concerning the actual-world collision of its research, placing it top among English multi-faculty universities that made consent to all principal groups.
- In 2013–14, UCL received the second-highest research income from outside fund of any UK university, and had an entire research income of more than £490m, projected to rise to more than £530m in 2014–15.
- UCL’s quotation volume, mark the influence that its research has on other research has on other analysis, is continuously in the upmost dozen universities in the world.
- High-quality research key in undergraduate teaching – the most up-to-date investigator discoveries, developments, as well as ideas, are incorporated into programme.
- Over 100 UCL undergraduate degree programmers include study abroad as an integral part of the curriculum.